There are different medications that can be used for the treatment of migraines.
Migraine treatment can be divided into:
(1) abortive (this is a medication used to treat the headaches
when they happen ) OR
(2) preventive (this is used to stop the headaches from occurring at all- it is used when persons have very frequent or severe headaches)
Ireven 75 is an antidepressant and though it can be used for some types of pain, it may not be helpful for migraines.
Abortive treatment- depends on how bad the migraine may be If moderate migraine then you can try:
(2) Ibuprofen at 400mg to 800mg every 6 to 8 hours
(3) Naproxen- initial 500mg then 250mg every 6 hours
(4) Ketoprofen- 25 to 50 mg every 6 to 8 hours
One of these can be tried, should be available over the counter. If one of these is not effective then you may need one of the medications mentioned below.
There is also medication specific for migraines eg sumatriptan
. These would require a prescription from your doctor.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr Ivan R. Rommstein, General Surgeon