Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
125 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is the treatment for lower back pain and sciatica?

Hi, sometimes after sitting I am unable to walk when I go to stand up. It s a very intense pain in my hip/butt area down my thigh when I do try to move or take a step. Some times popping my back alleviates thus and I can walk again. I always know when I m going to have issues though because when I stand, if my lower back doesn t pop by itself then I generally have problems. I also sometimes become paralyzed with pain sometimes when I bend over and the pain leaves me unable to move. I had a doctor tell me it was sciatica and then another doctor tell me it s just muscle cramping. Please help, it s not normal to have my back pop in order to even be able to start walking. I m only 21 and have never injured my back before. Is it really sciatica or is it truly just muscular? I m very worried there s something wrong with my spine.
Thu, 4 Sep 2014
Report Abuse
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Hi,Welcome to HCM. Going through your query you are suffering from muscular back pain.Rest and analgesics(Diclofenac 50 mg three times a day after meals) are used to relieve .You may get MRI of lumbar spine done to further investigate it.I THINK THIS WILL be helpful for you.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Can you please explain to me what bilateral sclerotic changes on the iliac side of si joints means?.. Also, could this be the cause of my extremely...