Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
179 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for lax les ?

iam suffering from lax les. what is the treatment for this? plz tell me. is it dangerous?
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  6461
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi Meena, Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum.

I Would like to know few things here?, so that i can suggest you better,

1.) What is your height and weight?
2.) Do you have Burning sensation in your chest?
3.) Do you have Difficulty swallowing?
4.) Do you have chest pain?
5.) Since how long do you have this?

Lax LES is caused by a weak Lower Esophageal Sphincter which cause the Gastric Acid to return to the esophagus and cause burning sensation.

You should be consulting a Gastroenterologist so that he can examine you and do a Endoscopy, Esophageal motility test, Chest or upper abdominal X ray to confirm it. Once confirmed, the treatment will depend upon the cause.

In addition to this, you have to bring in some lifestyle changes,
1.) If you are overweight, lose weight.
2.) If you smoke and drink, QUIT.
3.) Avoid hot spicy foods.
3.) Eat healthy nutritious balanced diet which should include fresh fruits and Green Leafy Vegetables.
4.) Avoid tight fitting clothes.
5.) Eat smaller meals, six times a day.
6.) Drink plenty of water.
7.) Don't lie down after a meal.
8.) Elevate the head end of your bed.

Kindly don't panic and it is not at all serious. You will have to take antacid drugs as directed by your Doctor. Your Doctor will examine you and if suggest a Surgery to reinforce the lower esophageal sphincter which is called Nissen fundoplication. Your treating Doctor will know better.

Stick to your treatment plan and go for regular follow up.

Wish you Good Health.

Take Care.
Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful

 2 users find this helpful

  User's Response

Hi Meena
Welcome to HealthcareMagic.
The treatment depends on the extent and symptomology.If you have reflux symptoms you should take a course of proton pump inhibitors like omeprazole.You should get an endoscopy done to see if any cytologic change at the LES.
I advise you to visit your Gastroenterologist and get evaluated properly.
Take care
Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor