Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
180 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is the treatment for knee and leg pain?

Hello Dr, I have Diognised with L5 S1 Mild disc bulge. I had severe pain during initial days. Its been 4 months now i have been suffering from this issue. As i had Vit D Deffeciecny my bone x ray of Lumbar Spine showed weekness of Bones. Hence i was kept on Vit D Supplement and suggested physiotherapy after one month. As the pain was increasing from lower back- Hip region and towards leg, i was unable to walk sit and i started physio therapy within 20 days. initial one week i felt lot better. Also I was Diognised with Non Epileptic Attack Disorder- (I been suffering from past 8 years), continous Siezure episodes ,pain has increased again and since then i was not able to get releave from the pain. though i am taking Vit D supplement,calcium tablets and Vit B tablets and I do Physio Excersice as well.I have got additional problem of knee and leg pain now, followed by sound when i fold my legs hands and so shoulder movements.i am not able to walk continously and not able to leave weight on my knee.Please suggest me solution for my problem. Its very painfull days i am going through. Thanks Parvathi.
Fri, 6 Jan 2017
Report Abuse
Question is related to
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

I recognized from your given history that you don't take any kind of medications only supplements and physiotherapy. So I think you may need some medications for your low back pain, sciatica and knee pain. You may start with NSAIDs topical or in tab forms after hot compresses like declophen, muscle relaxants with pregabalins are recommended , tylenol advil tabs are very helpful, you need your specialist to give you the required dosing according to your needs or if you need minor endoscopic surgery or something.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Ahmed Aly Hassan
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi, I having pain in both legs in back of knee and right foot. After resting its hard for me to walk. This started after walking 45 min in cold.....

Recent questions on  Physiotherapy

doctor1 MD

I have vertigo when i put my head on bed to sleep ,and when i sit from sleeping to get out of bed,i m always lightheaded,dizzy when move head right...

doctor1 MD

Hi my son is 5 years old , height and weight & general health is normal , he could use his right feet properly and . He is having toe walking...

doctor1 MD

I Reba sen (Female) Age 75.Falling down during walking. Docters advice. Lumber Punchered. Water in brain.Docter operated for shunt on 15th...

doctor1 MD

My daughter Krishna S.Kamath, aged 3Yrs 8 Months, diagonised with lipomylomeningocele of the lumbosacaral region was operated upon when she was 4...

doctor1 MD

I had a discectomy and I woke up in excruciating pain. A week later a laminectomy to stop the pain. Epidural injection,Morhine, Dilaudid , nothing...

doctor1 MD

My entire right arm keeps falling asleep whenever I sleep, regardless of my position. This has been happening for over a week. I have a history of...

doctor1 MD

Since yesterday, I have a sharp pain in my right leg at the knee, and above, and the right buttock. It s sharp, stabbing pain in the knee and...