Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
166 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction

What is the treatment for kidney inflammation?

Hi, I recently suffered kidney inflamation from infection. It was extremely painful. I was under antibiotics for 1 week. However, after 2 weeks, I'm feeling the UTI is still there and my kidney is starting to hurt again. Can I get antibiotics from my pharmacist? Thanks
Thu, 10 Apr 2014
Report Abuse
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hello and welcome to health care magic.
The infection of kidney is called pyelonephritis and it is not easy to get it fully cured like a regular UTI. The return of the symptoms suggest that the infection has not completely subsided and you require higher antibiotics. You cannot get them from your pharmacist.
My advice is to visit a Urologist and he will do a urine culture and antibiotic sensitivity and Ultrasound scan of abdomen.
Then you will be admitted and will start on antibiotic injections for a week, depending on the test result.
Hope this discussion will be helpful to you.
Thank you.
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

Hi there, I Have been getting fever like symptoms accompanied by paleness and dark circles under eyes. the fever like symptoms come in waves, I...