• question-icon

What is the treatment for influenza in a child?

My 3 year old suffered a bad fly 2, 5 weeks ago (very high fever, sometimes not responsive to ferver reducsers, musle cramps, fatigue, coughing, watery eys, loss of appetite). The flu was followed by another virus just last week (again high fever and coarse dry cough). She has been fever-free for two days now and she has been energetic as ever. Today however we noticed that she had redish circles around her eyes and did not look heathy at all. Plus she complained about pain in the left side of her chest. I am worried this migh be one those complications that follow a fly sometimes.
Fri, 23 Feb 2018
dear parents your concern is very timely.
if after two bouts of viral infections you are noticing something besides normal, especially the chest pain, then better consult a pediatrician, ASAP,
not to alarm you but in such conditions we should pay attention to child's complaint.
you are a better judge of his ways, that is, when he is whining n seeking attention and when he is actually complaining.
this time as per your complaints, the child seems to have some trouble.