• question-icon

What is the treatment for hiatus hernia?

Hello doctor, i was diagnosed with hiatus hernia. I was taking razo 2o which didn t help. so doctor put me on nexpro 40 for 2 weeks. But now i have upset tummy and i get bloated up and gas keeps moving around my intestine a lot where i could feel the sound. what should i do?
Wed, 29 Jan 2014
Radiologist 's  Response
Hi and Welcome to HCM,

Do you have acid reflux and heartburn. Treatment is usually determined by the presence of symptoms. Medications to neutralize, lower acid production and prevent acid production are primary treatments. Antacids, Proton pump inhibitors and H2 receptor blocks can be used. Nissen fundoplication a surgical procedure recommended for chronic cases.

Wish you speedy recovery

Thanks

Wish