What is the treatment for hemorrhagic secretions in the air cells?

I just received results from an MRI of the brain and IAC with and without contrast. The results are negative for tumors. However the right temporal bone. T1/T2 signal with hyperintesity with the within the inferiorly located right mastoid air cells potentially represent chronic secretions or hemorraghic secretions within the air cells. Alternatively, the process represents localized fibrous dysplasia in this area or marrow encroachment and sclerosis of the mastoid air cells. I am a 57 year old male...experiencing dizziness and hearing loss. Could the mastoid inflammation contribute to these symptoms. Also, could air travel each week aggrevate this process. Recommended treatments?
Wed, 7 Jul 2021

The long term effects of mastoiditis can include dizziness. What they were primarily looking for meningioma or schwannoma, both of which are benign and reversible causes of dizziness. Now that those have been ruled out, they will seek other causes for your dizziness. I would not expect air travel to worsen this. Effective treatment can vary widely, depending on the cause, and the cause in your case is not yet known. That having been said, it would be safe to try a scopolamine patch, to see if that helps. Follow up with your doctor for next steps.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Gerald Lee, Internal Medicine Specialist