What is the treatment for headache in a child?

My 4 year old daughter has a terrible headache. About 10 days ago she had strep throat. Then 4 days ago she had a virus. Both times she had a fever of 105. She seemed better as of yesterday but now she s complaining. She hasn t been around anyone. She hasn t left the house other than to see her doctor. She has a temperature of 99.8. What is going on???
Thu, 5 Sep 2019
Pediatrician, Pulmonology 's  Response

Fever of a few days without any localizing signs could as well a viral illness.

Usually, rather than fever, what is more, important is the activity of the child, in between 2 fever episodes on the same day.

If the kid is active and playing around when there is no fever, it is probably a viral illness and it doesn't require antibiotics at all.

Once the viral fever comes it will there for 4-7 days. So do not worry about the duration if the kid is active.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Sumanth Amperayani, Pediatrician, Pulmonology