Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
185 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for fibromyalgia? Stiffness and fatigue

My name is Tarrah, I have fibromyalgia and I would like to know how to go about finding a Dr to treat me that I can trust, I don't want to be thrown drugs, but I know I need something to help with the constant stiffness/fatigue and so I also don't want to be treated as a addict. I am on Lyrica and it helps some, but I'm only 36 and I'm a mom of a 3yo (that does not go to daycare) and I work as a server and house organizer, so I am not even close to surrendering as disabled, but I do need help daily to cope, and don't have the money to search around.
Asked On : Sun, 7 Apr 2013
Answers:  1 Views:  26
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Fibromyalgia is a chronic problem and there is no permanent cure for it. The symptomatic treatment is given to improve quality of life. It is best to consult a rheumatologist for the same.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you. You can consult me again directly through my profile URL
Dr. Praveen Tayal
Answered: Sat, 6 Jul 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor