What is the treatment for dysphagia and pneumonia?

My elderly father in law is hospitalized with pneumonia, a micro heart attack and now dyspahgia. He is nauseous and bloated, however they are releasing him today! He is 89, with diabetes, low renal function, heart disease, hypertension and has a colostomy bag and multiple hernias. We are very concerned about this new difficulty in swallowing development.
Wed, 7 Jul 2021

Noted the history about your 89 year old Father having diabetes, heart disease, low renal functions, hypertension, multiple hernias and colostomy bag; being discharged from hospital in spite h has bloating, nausea and difficulty in swallowing, he has pneumonia.
If there is dysphagia and unable to swallow then he will require intravenous fluid and electrolyte replacement hence request the Doctors to keep him hospital till causes of dysphagia are found and well treated as well as other medical problems are well settled.
I would advise the following:
Barium studies.
Upper GI Endoscopy if the medical conditions allow.
CT scan of neck and chest for pharynx and esophagus to find the cause of dysphagia and once the cause is found then a specific treatment can be carried out.
I hope he is already well under treatment for pneumonia and other conditions.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. T. Chandrakant, General Surgeon