Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
160 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for dyshydrotic eczema ?

i have a severe case of dyshydrotic eczema and have tried uv treatment , coritzone injections , kenalog injections, taclonex and doxycycline and clabatisol and nothing works my hands are severely cracked and in alot of pain what can help me ?
Asked On : Sun, 24 Jul 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  280
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
welcome to healthcare magic forum
dyshydrotic eczema is also known as pompholyx .
it is very common condition affecting hand
in severe case crack and fissure are there
it may also look like psoriasis hand also
as you have try all these medicine
i think immunesuppresive agent like methotrexate will do better
this is the only option available
eximer laser also do well ,but few dermatologist use it
better to take opinion of other dermatologist
good moisturizer is must for you .
i hope i have answered your question
Answered: Sun, 24 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor