Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
125 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for diverticulitis ?

Been to hospital today after months of investigations. Surgeon now says I have deseased diverticulitis . Bleeding per vagina also faeces passing 6 days was told because of high blood pressure diabetic type 2. age 71 also hernia because of old operations not really wanting to do any operation.. Question 1. If I do not get operation what is worst case.Question 2. How can he fix bag any other way. or what could be done with catherter?
Asked On : Mon, 29 Nov 2010
Answers:  1 Views:  143
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Nephrologist 's  Response
Thanks for the query

From what i understand is that u have a vagino-intestinal diverticulitis which is making the feces come out through your vagina
If u donot get the operation done u might develop fecal in continence u might have to wear a diaper to prevent feces from coming out and smelling all the time
Also there are chances u might land up in sepsis as u r a diabetic as well
This can be fixes only by surgical means

jhave a healthy living
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor