What is the treatment for diabetic retinopathy?

Patient Name: - Mr. Ranjit Kumar Sarkar

Age :- 68 Yrs.

Address : 47B Sisir Bagan Raod, Behala, Kolata – 700 034

Case History:

Patient is having Type-II Diabetes Melates since last 20 yrs. He has Diabetic Retinopathy from 2005 & also having High Blood Pressure since 2002.

In the year 2010 June 6th he has been admitted to the hospital for breathing problem as because the rate of Hemoglobin has gone down to 6 with Creatinine raises to 5.5 & high blood sugar to 375 (random) & the rate of Potassium level rises to 8.8. Hemodialysis was done on 7th & 8th of June 2010 with 6 units of blood was also given during dialysis. After 8 days treatment in Hospital he was released on 14th of June 2010.

Since Then he was under the treatment of Dr. Avijit Tarafdar (Nephrologist) and the creatinine level was 4 to 4.4. But in the month of April 2011 the rate of creatinine has suddenly rises up to 5.2. After that in order to attend the marriage ceremony of his Nephew he went to North Bengal.

But there after problem starts, swelling all over the body with severe nausea, breathlessness. After medical test the Creatinine has gone up to 8.61 with Hemoglobin of 5. To my dismay and shock, he was asked to get admitted and to get started on Hemodialysis of 16th & 18th of May 2011. After 11 days treatment in hospital he has released with regular monitoring of Blood Sugar, Pressure & Creatinine & Hemoglobin tests. His weight is now 60 kg. Creatinine is 6.78 & Hemoglobin is 7, Urea is 144 & Blood Sugar is 111 (Fasting).

Mon, 28 Jul 2014