Get your health question answered instantly from our pool of 18000+ doctors from over 80 specialties
133 Doctors Online

By proceeding, I accept the Terms and Conditions

Dr. Andrew Rynne
Dr. Andrew Rynne

Family Physician

Exp 50 years

HCM Blog Instant Access to Doctors
HCM BlogQuestions Answered
HCM Blog Satisfaction
  • question-icon

    What is the treatment for chronic cholecystitis?

hey doc, my relative is diagnosed(ultrasound report) with chronic cholecystitis with cholecystitis with no evidence of extra hepatic biliary obstruction with bilateral calculi with retroverted uterus with average thickness endometrium with right cystic cystic ovary...

plzz suggest me what should we do now?? and also about prognosis?
Wed, 12 Oct 2016
Report Abuse
General Surgeon 's  Response
Hi and welcome.
Prognosis is that it may cause recurrent pains during the life and the best solution would be to do surgical removal of gallbladder and this can be done laparoscopically today so you should see abdominal surgeon if you ask me. Everything else would just be not efficient enough.
Wish you good health. Regards
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]
Share on

Related questions you may be interested in

doctor1 MD

I just had an ultrasound done and the technicians said I have shrunked gallbladder, I have pain in my right side , right below the rib cage for the...

Recent questions on  Uterus

doctor1 MD

Hi, I am now 12 weeks post op. I had a TAH and still have my ovaries. I had a vertical abdominal incision about 8 cm in length. I had a fibroid in...

doctor1 MD

I had a pelvic ultrasound and my uterus has a 1.5 cm lining of endometrium. Last period was one month ago. I am 53. What can I do to start my...

doctor1 MD

Hi dr. I am on a mirena 20 days ago.It was inserted in the first day of my period to reduce very heavy menstrual bleeding. I am 48 years old with a...

doctor1 MD

I am writing to you for my wife who is suffering from back and leg pain. She was diagnosed with disc prolapse and we got medical advise that the...

doctor1 MD

Why do I have pain in the bladder area and irritation in the vagina after sex it lasts for days. Iam 80 years old

doctor1 MD

What should be the normal cervical length during each stage of pregnancy?

doctor1 MD

Hi doctor, I have PCOD and prominent symptoms of it like facial hairs, lethargy , thinning of hair, irregular period with gaps of 2-3 months...