Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
159 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for bilateral sensory nerve causing hearing loss ?

I am male of 25 years facing bilateral sensery nerve hearing loss . Can u treat it.
Asked On : Sat, 2 Jul 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  151
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
Thanks for writing to us.
Sensory nerve hearing loss cannot be reversed but you can have a normal hearing with the help of hearing aids. Your ENT specialist can suggest you one which suits best for you.
I hope this information has been both informative and helpful for you.
Dr. Rakhi Tayal

Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
ENT Specialist Dr. Sumit Bhatti's  Response
Dear Sumit,

Can you email a scanned copy of your PTA (Pure Tone Audiogram) and any other test results that may have been done earlier? Do you also have a record of your ear examination? You may email these to with 'Attn: Dr. Sumit Bhatti' as the subject line. Kindly also give a detailed history of the events leading to this hearing loss. Then I will be able to guide you accordingly.

Answered: Sat, 2 Jul 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor