• question-icon

What is the treatment for avascular necrosis of hip?

Hello, I am a 51 year old female that weighs 130 lbs and is 4'10" I have been diagnoised with avascular necrosis of the hip.. I as wanting to know why my right leg is getting shorter than my left and can it be fixed.. have an appointment the 1st with ortho doctor.. was just curious
Tue, 2 Sep 2014
Hi,As you are diagnosed with avascular necrosis of hip.As ball of your hip joint collapsed leading to shortening of effected limb.You will probably require total hip replacement ,after which both of your limb should be equal.I think this will be of help to you.