What is the treatment for an ear ache?

I have been having ear pains for a while now. My ear gives me sharp pains from time to time, it feels really swollen and it feels like its plugged or something. I can't hear very good with it and when i touch the back of ear it hurts. When i swallow it gives off a kind of crackling noise i guess.
Wed, 23 Apr 2014
ENT Specialist 's  Response
Hello

There can be many causes for the ear pain including an external ear infection and eustachain tube ( tube between your ear and nose) block. you may need antibiotics and ear drops for it.
please meet your ent doctor for confirming this and prescription of the drugs.

Thanks