Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
131 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for acute hair loss ?

hi i m archna and m worried about my hair faling problem ,due continously falling of hair there are some patches on skull please tell me are they cure able ,and tell will i get ma hair strength back or not and how much time it will take ? because my hair are falling like nything when i comb,wash.... ma hair and without touching... these problem m facing from almost 3 months please telll me reason behind dat n also the cure for these hair ...
Asked On : Mon, 14 Mar 2011
Answers:  4 Views:  161
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Lab Tests
Ayurveda Specialist 's  Response
you have not mentioned your age .also have you had baby recently then that may be the cause if none of this then it may be due to can take godanti bhasma 2gm 3time &arogyavardhini vat tab2tab 3time for some time you can apply gunjadi oil on the affected part.
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
  Anonymous's Response
‘Welcome to HealthcareMagic Forum’
Homeopathy gives promising treatment for hair fall.
You can take Acid Phos 30, 6pills, Thrice a day & Cal. Phos.6x, 4tab Twice a day For a month.It will definately help you out, Do take milk & milk products,Consume plenty of water,Increase iron supplement in your diet
Wish u good health
Dr siddharth
Answered: Mon, 14 Mar 2011
  User's Response
my age is 21 n no i hav no bby..
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
Dermatologist Dr. Bharat Chawda's  Response
Welcome to HealthcareMagic forum,
In females the most common cause of hair loss is –iron deficiency, hormonal imbalance, thyroid problem, stress,after delivery, lack of sleep, familial ,or use of chemical on scalp ,procedures like perming or straightening etc. Other rare causes are zn & copper def. One has to find the exact cause of hair loss and treat. In females there are various patterns of hair loss,which can be judged clinically by a dermatologist.You should get your hormonal level checked along with an ultra sound if necessary to rule out PCOD.This usually seen in obese patient with irregular periods. Other simple test which we do are hair pull test and trichogram to diagnose which type of hair loss is there.
As you said that you have patches of hair loss..then it would mean that you have ALOPECIA AREATA...which is a autoimmune disorder.The treatment of choice is injection intralesional..along with topical therapy.
After proper diagnosis you can start with topical preparations like Minoxidil 2%-5% applied twice daily on scalp along with tab biotin one daily.Other hormonal medicines are also available if needed.
Improve your diet with green leafy veg, fresh fruits, plenty of water, sprouts ,pulses, high protein diet, avoid items with high sugar content like sweets & chocolates, less of Chinese foods, less of pizza & burgers ,more of milk & ghee, dry fruits . Good sleep also has a important role to play . Consult a good dermatologist for proper diagnosis.
Take care,
Answered: Tue, 15 Mar 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor