What is the treatment for acid reflux?

I have been seen in the emergency rooms a few times for what I thought were cardiac episodes. each time I was checked out and told that it was acid reflux that was causing the symptoms and sent on my way. The last two-three days I have felt shooting pains in left arm, shoulder and chest. My breathing is really heavy and I feel nauseous, could this all be from really bad gas? I am 31
Fri, 19 Sep 2014
If you had similar complaints in the past, many a times , and you have been evaluated completely by cardiologist with an ecg and echo , and if they were normal, then yes it could have been acid reflux which is causing the symptoms for you ( sometimes the symptoms are not typical of the condition - like yours which is atypical ), hence if you continue to have the symptoms , since how long? Check if they are related to food intake, any specific kind of foods ( such as spicy, fatty, coffee,tea, alcohol, smoking) that are causing the symptoms , and please consult your Gastroenterologist and get yourself evaluated and get an upper GI endoscopy and treatment can be given by your doctor Depending on the findings .Hope i could help you.
Thank you.