Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for a large lump formed due to a large object falling on the forearm considering the fact that he is on blood thinners due to CAD ?

something large fell on friends forearm ,he is on alot of blood thinners because of coronory arterie disease,and his arm has a large lump that developed. what should he do about it?He is 64 yrs
Asked On : Sun, 17 Apr 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  99
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response

From your history it suggest that your friend has developed Haematoma on forearm i.e. huge collection of blood. And he is taking medicines for thinning of blood this can cause bleeding from various parts of the body.

He should consult surgeon for removal of blood,otherwise infection will take place and will create some other problems.

Fracture of forearm bones also to be ruled out.
Answered: Sun, 17 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor