• question-icon

What is the treatment for a hard lump in the scrotum?

hi.
About a year and a half ago, at the base of my penis shaft, just in the scrotum sack on the right i found a small hard lump. it is not attached to the testicle. It feels like it is near the spermatic cord but not attached to it. (maybe it is i cant really tell) I can only feel it when i push down on the spot that it is, (cannot put fingers around it) it has never caused me any pain, and has not changed in size over the time i have had it. however, only a couple of days ago, i noticed another very small lump (smaller than previously explained one) near it. This lump appears to be softer and can only be felt when pushed which is like the other one. Can you please help maybe give an idea of what this is because i only have the worst of things in my mind! I have no family history of testicular cancer. i do not have any pains in the scrotal/abdominal area either. I am 19 years old. I am overweight (not obese) and about 6 feet four tall.
Wed, 21 Aug 2019

The soft swelling develops in the last few days can be an epididymal cyst or some lipoma like benign soft tissue lesion.

The hard lesion has not increased in size for many months, so it might not be malignant.

However, you should get your diagnosis to assure that it is not malignant.

So I suggest you investigate primarily with ultrasonography of lump and revert back to me or another doctor for further discussion.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr Parth Goswami, General & Family Physician