Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
193 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for a child with Attention deficit hyperactivity disorder ?

i have a child with adhd of 9 years old. were i can give him to agood education and and how to behave others. he is VERY huper active. restless, irritating and thumbsuking persist. he is on tretment with ADDWIZE 10mg bd,and resperidone.5 mg at hs. no RESULTS with these medicins. plese inform thre is any good institution or docters ...thankyou
Asked On : Sat, 30 Apr 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  183
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Occupational Therapist 's  Response
he need all is behavior therapy.
use his energy level in a meaningful manner.
consult your occupational therapist for his restlessness and hyperactive behavior.
sugesstion: skating and swiming classes.
identify his interest and skills
initially, all approach him positively.
encourage his positive and avoid negative.
thumb sucking: may be due to (feeling insecure)
develop his confidence level and motivate towards his interest.
thank you

Answered: Sat, 31 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Psychiatrist, Child Dr. Hemang M. Shah's  Response
I wish to know why you say he is ADHD? it is your diagnosis or disgnosed by expert like psychiatrist?
The best institute to teach good maner is HOME.
Regarding the medication part if the medicines are not effective we need to reevaluate the child for his condition.
Knowing the family dynamics like, Nuclear/joint, parents educational, occupational, personality, attitute towards his behaviour by all family members, etc.
Answered: Wed, 25 May 2011
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

General & Family Physician Dr. Ramesh M.Vachharajani's  Response
This is called Behavioral Disorder. this is common in children of this age.
You have to consult psychiatrist and psychologist
With his treatment and psychotherapy he will be alright.
Answered: Sat, 30 Apr 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor