What Is The Treatment For A Bruised Skin?

Hi, I was on holiday in Cyprus a few weeks ago and was bitten by an insect (not sure what). It is not scabbed over, however I still have a visible mark, the skin around the area looks bruised, my veins ars sometimes a lot darker around the area, and my hand is feeling really numb today.
Tue, 11 Jan 2022

You are suffering from bruised skin due to insect bite. You have also developed darker veins & skin around the area of the bite. You are also having numbness in your hands today. Mosquito bite may also causes bruised skin and discomfort. However, black spider bites cause tingling, numbness, swelling, pain & redness due to the venom it injects. You should clean the affected area with povidone-iodine solution. Soak the affected area in salt water 2-3 times a day for relief.

Take antihistamine, you can take acetaminophen or other analgesic for relieve from pain and swelling. Applying a cold, damp washcloth or an ice pack to the bite area is helpful. Sometimes, severe complications arise like severe muscle pain and cramping, heart and breathing problems. If your symptoms are not ceasing to stop, you should urgently visit ER, you need medical aid.

Take care. Hope I have answered your question. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Nupur K., General & Family Physician