Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
177 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for PDA in child ?

i have a 4 months old son and he has been detected with a large PDA. He currently is also recovering from pneumonia . Can you please suggest as what should be done as the local doctors are suggesting for a surgery for the pda. Also what could be the cost for the surgery and where it should be done.
Asked On : Fri, 25 Mar 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
welcome to"HealthcareMagic"forum
dear patient.....
i had suggest for surgery.but wait for some time.and daily checkup forus.
any specialist willbe sure what shouldbe done.
thank you............
Answered: Fri, 25 Mar 2011
  Anonymous's Response
Hi Welcome to Healthcare Magic ,
Large PDA needs surgical correction. The more u delay there will be more problems, so go ahead and get surgery done.
Its not a open heart surgery , its commonly done and has a very good success rate.
I do not know where you are from but if u r in karnataka , u have lot of choices from govt run Jayadeva Cardiology Institute to Pvt hospitals like Narayana Hrudiyalaya , BGS Global etc...
The cost may vary depending on where u get it done - 50K to 2 lakhs.
Answered: Sat, 26 Mar 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor