Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
194 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for Leukomalacia and is it cureable ?

What is the treatment of Leukomalacia and is it cureable ?
Asked On : Sat, 22 Jan 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  312
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Neurologist 's  Response
Thanks for using Leucomalacia is a white matter change seen on the MRI. It can be seen normally also without any symptoms. It can be serious problems in some children, adults and old age also. So provide clinical details to see whether it is serious or not. Bye

Dr Shiva Kumar
Epilepsy specialist, Bangalore
Answered: Fri, 26 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Nephrologist Dr. Rakesh Madhyastha's  Response
Thanks for the query

Leukomalacia is a type of brain injury that affects the white matter of the brain. It is most often seen in fetus, children.
There is no treament for leukomalacia and it will be only palliative or rather a symptomatic one. For example if they develop seizure it is treated
Have a healthy living
Answered: Sat, 20 Aug 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor