Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service.
I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.
Taking 2 pills of antibiotic will not cure the UTI (Urinary tract infection
). Recovery time varies depending upon the type of pathogen and severity of the underlying infection.
Additional guidelines for better recovery are:
- Continue to drink plenty liquids.
- Continue current antibiotic consumption.
- Add cranberry sachet intake once daily in a glass of drinking water.
tablet with antacid
will give better anti-inflammatory action.
- Avoid sexual intercourse if active.
- Keep genitals clean with antiseptic liquid.
- Wear loose, clean, cotton inner wears.
Be in regular follow up with your doctor or online as per the need of the condition.
Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.
Dr. Bhagyesh V. Patel