Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
123 Doctors are Online

What is the treatment for Bell's Palsy ?

Hi,im 24 year old female. Height 5 weight 55 kgs .Im suffering from Bell s palsy since 3 months and its not yet cured completely.From day 1 swelling has occured in my face and i have increased in my weight too .Please let me know reason for this and also let me how can i reduce my weight aswell as swelling in my face (face looks too fat ).Also from 1 month im getting some sound in my ear all the time.Please guide me to whom shall i consult and how can i get rid of these problems .Day by day seems to be health is becoming problematic.Please can anyone help me out in this regard
Asked On : Thu, 16 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  346
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Pediatrician 's  Response
hi read your prob , have you started any medicine for this as if you started steroid for it facial swelling n weight gain occure due to it, when you start tapering it you found reduse facial swelling n weight. you hear wshilteing sound in the ear called tinitus for it you have to consult ENT specialist he will adivse you about that palsy n tinitus.
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
Hi Asha, Welcome to HealthCare Magic Forum
Firstly let me explain to you what Bell's Palsy is. Its a one - sided paralysis of the face, due to inflammation leading to swelling and compression of the facial nerve, which supplies that part of the face. There is no one particular reason as to what can cause it, but mostly commonly implicated is a viral infection, affecting the nerve and remains dormant unless exposed to some sort of stressful situation, when the virus gets reactivated.
You shouldn't worry much as its a self-limiting disease, it'll subside over time and you should be able to recover your normal facial functions. Medications and physiotherapy should suffice, but I still advise to you consult a neurologist in this matter. As far as your weight is concerned, you should consult a dietician, get your diet right and exercise well.
Answered: Thu, 16 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor