What is the suitable dosage of Tenex for a child with ADHD/Tics?

Our daughter of 9 years have been diagnosed with Tourettes Syndrome (we believe Attention Deficit as well). She has simple motor tics and a couple of vocal tics at this time (throat clearing, squeaking). She has been prescribed Tenex (2mg) and has taken this drug for about a year. We supplement with magnesium at night, fish oil, Vitamin C and multi-vitamin in the mornings. She is 88 pounds and 4'-9" tall. Recently her tics have waxed significantly - we have been told by a family doctor that 2mg of Tenex is not enough dosage for ADHD/Tics - most children her weight take up to 4 mg. 2 Questions - (1) is Tenex dosing at 4mg safe (2) we have read 500 mg / day of Taurine will also help in our supplement regime?
Sat, 14 Jun 2014