What is the suggested remedy for redness on eyelid caused by a heat boil?

Hi I am Manisha from India. i having a heat boil in my upper eyelid and i have under gone medication and the problem has gradually coming down , but suddenly i again found the same symtoms likes reddness in my eye and felling something stucking in my eye (for the same eye)now its conformed the problem has started again...can i know why and how to slove this ?
Tue, 10 Dec 2013
Pathologist and Microbiologist 's  Response
Hello and welcome to HCM,
The boil on the ye lid and its recurrence is due to infection especially bacterial infection.
The boil can be due to infection and inflammation of the hair follicles of the eye lashes.
Consult your ophthalmologist for clinical examination of the eye.
In case there is any discharge in the eye, it needs to be examined.
Presence of infection has to be treated with antibiotic eye drops.
If the infection is limited to the eye lid only, oral antibiotics may be required.

Thanks and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal