What is the suggested medication for jaundice?

sir my son aged 14 years is suffering from jaundice from 3 weeks level of bilirubin is22 and indirct billirubin is 15.6 S.G.P.T IS 61

HE IS SUFFERING SEVERE ITCHINGFROM LAST 04 DAYS

SGPT IS LOWERING BUT BILLIRBIN IS SLOWLY INCREASING

WHAT TO DO

he is ok no vomiting/no much weakness
Thu, 17 Mar 2016
hi.

noted history of jaundice associated with pruritus (generalized itchiness). it is possible that your son has an obstruction (from a stone or a lesion) somewhere along his hepaticopancreaticobiliary tree causing his jaundice. deposit of bile salts causes his pruritus. it is best if you bring him to a doctor, preferably a general surgeon or a gastroenterologist, for physical examination and clinical evaluation. diagnostics (such as ultrasound, ct-scan, MRCP/ERCP, liver function tests, etc.) and management (medical and/or surgical if indications are found) will be directed accordingly.

hope this helps.

good day!!

~dr.kaye