What is the success ratio of curing immune thrombocytopenic purpura with steroids?

Hi, I wanted to know the success ratio of curing Immune thrombocytopenic purpura with steroids like dexason at the age of 25? When the platelet count was 6000, patient was given two doses or 2 ml dexason , each a day. During first dose, platelets are also transfused parallely when checked after few hours, they are increased to 0000. In 2nd does only dexason alone is given without any platelet or saline ..but platelets are increased only by 1000. So now it is only 0000 platelets.
Fri, 7 Jun 2013