What is the solution for nasal congestion, dry cough in a a child after home remedies, cough syrup have failed?

My 3.5 yr old son has nasal congestion and dry cough only during night time,especially in the early morning hours. Day time he is fine. Tried using steamer and vicks vaporub on chest before going to sleep. But it dint work. Tried to put eucalyptus oil on the pillow when nose block starts, it was temporary relief. but again nose block starts. Am giving cough syrup also. But not working. Can you please advice ?
Fri, 31 Jan 2014