What is the shelf life of Oxycodone?

I was on oxycodone and hydromorph contin for over 10 years with no side effects or need to make changes ..my pain specialist was pleased that this had stabilized . I have four consecutive spinal fractures with rib issues as well . One year ago my specialist and GP both retired and the new MD is ...well I won t say more. I was expecting issues cuz of the current climate so I have some oxy ..about 30 tabs saved for busy days ..moving my 84 year old mother into a home etc. I have never had a holiday and am thinking of doing so ..but under the current Rx could not manage.. cuz I have to get horizontal every 2-3 hours .... How long will the oxy I have left ..be effective ?? It is one year old.
Thu, 21 Jun 2018
Hello and Welcome to ‘Ask A Doctor’ service. I have reviewed your query and here is my advice.

The half-life of Oxycodone refers to the amount of time it takes half the drug to be eliminated from your body.The Oxycodone half-life is anywhere from 3.5 to 5.5 hours. This means that all of the drug will usually be eliminated from your system in around 20 hours, at least for the average person.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.