Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for obesity caused by alcohol and lack of exercise ?

I am obese now and was a state level runner earlier and because of Boozing and not exercising i gianed weight abnormally.
Asked On : Thu, 1 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  27
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response

The fact that you wrote in means you want to change the present state of things. Thats a good start. Nothing will be gained by boozing except a bad liver and more weight. So, that has to stop first! You could try joining a De-addiction clinic for starters but ultimately the determination to get fit again has to come from within you. Try getting back to daily walks alternated by short runs. keep it up for 3 weeks--after that it'll become a habit! I've recently taken up jogging and am enjoying it. Now I look forward to my jogging sessions and the pleasure of working up a good sweat. As an ex-runner, I'm sure you can get back to your old fit self again with dedication.
Answered: Thu, 1 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor