Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
162 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for heavy flow during periods ?

my wife is 37 yrs old. She fall down in a lawn near tap where some algee found. After x-ray found that her right femer head neck probably crack and turnned towards the hip cup. Her pathological report like this.... Hb - 10.15(i.e - 70 %), wbc - 8600/cu mm, neutrophils - 70%, Eosinophils - 01%, Monocytes - 01%, Lymphocytes - 28 %, ESR(Westergren s Method) - 60 mm, Sugar (F/R) - 80.6mg/dl, uric acid - 3.30 mg/dl , mantu test(10 TU PPD) - 15x20mm(between 48 - 72 hrs) positive. She has irregular menstrual problem (i.e. her period continue 5 - 6 days and first 2 - 3 days she have used 2 - 3 pad/day due to her heavy bleeding. This is since her 13 yrs of age, after checking at that time, doctor adv that it will cure after birth of child. But after 2nd child birth it continues). plz suggest what to do?
Asked On : Fri, 30 Mar 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  107
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
OBGYN 's  Response
May 2013
Thanks for the query.
Usually having periods for 5 to 6 days and changing two to three pads per day is normal only.
In general a woman will lost 50 to 80 ml of blood during her menstrual period.
So, this type of cycle may be normal to your wife and no need to worry about it.
If she is passing large clots and if getting anemic because of the blood loss, then it should be considered for treatment.
Hemoglobin of 10.5 mg/dl is almost normal.
She can iron supplements for few months to improve the status.
Ultrasound helps in finding out any uterine abnormalities like fibroids, endometrial polyps etc. That can lead to menorrhagic cycles.
So, consult gynecologist once, let her get examined.
And if your doctor recommends go for ultrasound, thyroid profile and hormonal profile including estrogen, progesterone, LH, FSH etc.
Possibly with this workup the cause for her problem can be identified and treated.
Take care.
Answered: Thu, 7 Nov 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor