What is the remedy for heartburn when on aspirin and tagament?

I had aspirin on Monday and developed terrible heartburn. I took tums and woke up Tuesday with pain in my right chest when I breathe deep..Not short of breath, The pain was tolerable yesterday and today but worse tonight. Only when I take a deep breath or lay down. I took Tagamet yesterday twice and today twice. What else can I take for the heartburn? Directions on Tagamet says not to take anything else. I'm pretty sure these are two seperate problems, a lung thing and heartburn. No other signs and I do have a slight nagging cough.
Tue, 11 Feb 2014