Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
141 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for foul and smelly lumps on my legs which is reccuring even after prolonged antibiotic treatment ?

Hi I am a 38 yo female and since the birth of my daughter 13 years ago I have suffered with acne and boil like lumps that quite often contain an ingrown hair . These lumps are generally on my legs and groin and can be extremely painful. If I scratch around these areas or squeeze any of the lumps it prooduces a foul cheesy smell and often thick pus. I have been to a couple of dermatologists who have prescribed me long term antibiotics and I have also had two stints on Roaccutane, the last stint lasting for 18 months. The first stint cleared the facial acne but even after all the treatments there has been little change to the boil like, smelly, ingrown hair lumps. I don t wear shorts, skirts or bathers and I am extremely embarassed when being initmate with my partner. I would really love to find a answer to clear my problem up or at least significantly reduce it.
Asked On : Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  106
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Dermatologist 's  Response
Hi dear ,
your problem seems to be chronic folliculitis.
there can be other no of causes like acne conglobata or PG.
get yourself investigated for diabetes .
use antibacterial soap for bathing.
consult some good dermatologist.
take care.
Answered: Mon, 13 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hi welcome,
you can choose ayurveda for this .
this type of disease mentioned in ayurveda under the heading of vidradhi
there are effective treatments are there
if you are from india and would like to treat and get rid from this by ayurveda
contact and write in details
we will help you
Answered: Sun, 12 Jun 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor