Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
178 Doctors are Online

What is the remedy for a cut in the upper gum of a toddler ?

my toddler of 13 months has cut her upper gum for the 3rd time this week, as far as i can see looks like there is a hole. tissue came off..not sure what to do
Asked On : Mon, 20 Feb 2012
Answers:  2 Views:  436
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Pediatrician, Neonatology 's  Response
If there is no continuous bleeding at the site of injury,probably it is mild injury.Was the gum bleeding spontaneous or due to fall or bite? If it is spontaneous u need to show it to a paediatrician,if not dont worry ,keep an ice pack at the site of injury or give fluids like cold water or juice.
Answered: Mon, 20 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Orthopaedic Surgeon Dr. Sunil Kumar Gupta's  Response
wlcom to HCM

in my opinion it will be better to consult dentist ,he will examine & it is 3rd time u should care the child .if u can u should use cradle, during yours busy time to protect child for further injury

Answered: Tue, 21 Feb 2012
I find this answer helpful

1 Doctor agrees with this answer

Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor