• question-icon

What is the recurrent severe pain in my groin?

Dear doctor, I am a 24 year old virgin,I have a very dull pain in the lower right abdomen,should rather call it right groin lasting for few minutes to an hour. I started getting this pain since I was 15 years old,but neglected it since it is not too severe and it is not continuous. It comes occasionally and lasts only for sometime.The pain is bearable. What could be the reason for this pain?Is it serious enough to be considered.
Wed, 19 Nov 2014
H.
The causes of pain in abdomen particularly the right groin in a virgin can be :
Colitis, ovarian cysts, enteritis, appendicitis and typhlitis.
Simple ultrasonography can detect many a problems , the rest by CT scan of the abdomen and pelvis.
This has to be considered serious as there should not be such pains at your age at all.