Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
120 Doctors are Online

What is the reason for pain near penis shaft, and burning sensation in scortum ?

pain near penis shaft,bottom of penis and burning sensation on scortum I am 39 years old,i have mild pain near the shaft of my penis,bottom of the penis and scrotum for the past 45 days,kindly advice
Asked On : Thu, 9 Jun 2011
Answers:  2 Views:  917
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Thanks for writing in.
Your symptoms can be due to several reasons including a urinary tract infection, ureteric or renal stones ( which lead to a UTI sometimes). I would like to know if you have an ulcer on the penis?
Please get a urine culture and sensitivity done. This will tell us the type of infection, and also the drugs which would be most effective
At this stage, I would suggest the following:
a. Drink plenty of water
b. Have a cup of cranberry juice daily
c. Take Syrup citralka 1-2 tsp twice or thrice daily
d. You would need a course of oral antibiotics like ciprofloxacin.
Please see a physician and get these tests done and drugs prescribed.

Best wishes.
Answered: Tue, 28 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
General & Family Physician Dr. P. Mahesh's  Response
Hi Raj,
Welcome to HCM.
Kindly consult an Urologist, who will have to examine you to find out the cause of this pain, and treat you accordingly.
Answered: Thu, 9 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor