Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
176 Doctors are Online

What is the permanent solution for severe eczema in a 2.5 year old ?

My son is 2 1/2 years old and weight 12.5.He is having severe skin eczema for the last 9 months. i showed him to somany doctors and skin specialists i am fed up with all those steroid ointments now I am giving him homeopathy for the last 2 months. doctors told me genetically it is an allery because in my family my mother and mom - in - law both having dust allergy and bronchitis . I used somany anti - allergy medicines , antibiotics and few steroid creams but all are temporary. Is there any permanent solution for this? whenever he gets rashes more gets cold and caugh and wheezing .my doctor told me to give him duolin neb 2 times,budecort 2 times and montek lc kid once daily to prevent infections . is it safe? am i on a right path?
Asked On : Thu, 29 Mar 2012
Answers:  4 Views:  95
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Medical Topics
Dermatologist 's  Response
hello madam welcome to HCM, i understand your anxiety in treating and controlling severe eczema of your child. atopic dermatitis is what your child is suffering from, which makes them too sensitive to dust , cows milk, yellow of eggs, brinjals, turmeric powder, stress and also anxiety. It males them altogether a different personality and hence the name Atopy.
Do make a list of things your child is sensitive, do avoid sprays and scents near his body, make sure that pollen is not around too much in your garden. these are primarily preventive.
The treatment is based on application of mild steroid lotions and moisturizer,
Atopy remains with him only the intensity will reduce by the fifth year.
The treatment of atopy is long and one has to be patient.
Make your house neat if possible use vacuum cleaner.
Thank you
dr satya
Answered: Fri, 3 Aug 2012
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Dhara Shah's  Response
hi welcome to hcm.see in homoeopathy we not treat only disease but treat person as a whole so if any homoeopathic physician cure your eczema then he also cure your allergic problem may happend that suppression of skin disease leads to asthma concern any good homeopathic doc for permanent cure.steroid may worsen the situation.
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. Neha Vijayakar's  Response

Basically what is happening is that your son's immune system is working overtime to remove a possible threat. That is called an allergy or atopy. Steroids will just suppress his immune system and the anti-allergics will control the histamine reactions. But both are temporary phenomena. If steroids are continued, his allergy will internalize and he may start suffering from bronchial asthma or he may develop food allergies too.

Homoeopathy offers the best and permanent treatment for any kind of allergy. Your son is just 2 years old and at his age, his immunity is acting at its most optimum. Homeopathy will definitely help in curing his condition completely.

All the best!
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Homeopath Dr. P. K. Sinha's  Response
quite natural a skin disese is related to allergic bronchitis /asthma like features applying any external ointment or application will aggravate the condition and vise versa . Homeopathic medicine will definitly cure in long course of treatment...DR p k sinha
Answered: Thu, 29 Mar 2012
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor