Owl Image

What is the painkiller given for tooth extraction ?

what do u use so i feel no pain if i need to get my teeth pulled.
Mon, 16 Jan 2012
Drug/Medication ,  
Medical Procedures ,   ,   ,  
Medical Topics ,  
Hi Monica,

Your dentist will inject a local anesthetic in the area around your tooth so that you will feel no pain when the tooth is puled out.
Dermatologist Dr. Gaurav Patel's  Response
hi
dont worry monica
doctor will not give u much pain
he will give u anesthetic injection ,so u will not feel any pain
u will even not know when ur teeth pulled out.
so leave tension ,go to clinic
Dentist, Oral and Maxillofacial Surgery Dr. Manish Gupta's  Response
A dentist uses a local anesthetic, usually Lidocaine or Lignocaine to extract a tooth.
The effect of anaesthesia will last for about 2hrs. Gels n sprays are not effective for tooth extraction as they only act superficially and for extraction of tooth usually an injection of local anaesthetic is used which is not injected all around mouth but only around the teeth being extracted...
take care
Hi monica,
A dentist uses a local anesthetic, usually Lidocaine or Lignocaine to extract a tooth. The prick of the injection may be felt but it is as minor as a soft pinch. The area around the tooth may feel numb, once the anesthetic acts. During the extraction, you may very well see the dentist removing the tooth but YOU WILL HAVE NO PAIN.
The effect of anaesthesia will last for about 2hrs.

Dont worry...everything will be fine :)
hi monika, while getting the tooth pulled out a local anaesthetic usually LIGNOCAINE or LIDOCAINE is used..gels n sprays are not effective for tooth extraction as they only act superficially and for extraction of tooth usually an injection of local anaesthetic is used which is not injected all around mouth but only around the teeth being extracted..the anaesthetic will last for 90 to 120 minutes.

u will not feel any kind of pain while getting ur tooth pulled be courageous n get your treatment done.. hope this answer will be helpful to you..