What is the normal level of alkaline phosphatase in the blood?

My alkaline phosphatase level is 164 by a recent blood test. I also have long standing rheumatoid arthritis. I have been taking 200mg of celebrix amd 5o mg injection og Embrel weekly for about 14 years. Should I worry about this level? Nancy Scielzo
Mon, 5 Mar 2018

What is your age why because ALP may vary according to the age. in males up to 19 years range 79 to 222. More than 19 years normal value is 45 to 115. It may be elevated in obstructive jaundice.

If it is elevated along with GGT means liver pathology. Bone disorders also it may elevated. Few drugs may cause cholestasis and elevate ALP. So, do not worry if it is elevated more than 3 times of normal range, then it is significant.

Hope I have answered your query. Let me know if I can assist you further.

Dr. Penchila Prasad Kandikattu