Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
151 Doctors are Online

What is the medicine for gallstones ?

HI Doctor , Im 30 years old. i just went for check doctor find 5mm stone in goal bladdar. what is the medicine and how it will go. do i need to treatment for that. what are the side effects and symptoms. please advice.
Asked On : Thu, 12 May 2011
Answers:  3 Views:  656
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
  User's Response
your problem is surgical. Gall stone is very difficult to remove by medicine. So go to a surgen for operation. Avoid fatty food.
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
General & Family Physician Dr. Pragnesh Vachharajani's  Response
Hi,thanks for health care magic.Normally gall stones needs surgery.Still there are some couple of medicines available that you can try.Please consult any surgeon and he will help you.bye.
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
I find this answer helpful
  User's Response
hello.. welcome to healthcare magic..i want to make u aware of the fact that u need treatment for gall stone as your gallstone size is 5 mm. it can be treated medically without any surgery.. surgery is usually done for gall stones bigger than 1 cm.. symptoms may be pain in right upper abdomen region, fever, yellowing of skin and sclera of eyes, abdominal fullness, clay coloured stools.. you must consult a nearby general surgeon.. dont worry its completely and easily treatable.. wish u a speedy recovery.. take care
Answered: Thu, 12 May 2011
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor