Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
140 Doctors are Online

What is the medication for an yeast infection?

Hello Dr. Grief, my name is Patti and I am in need of assistance when it comes to a yeast infection . If one has a yeast infection, I do know they have a pill you can take immediately, a 3 day plan, if you will and I believe a 7 day one as well. Can you please tell me if there is such a thing as a doctor giving you pills to take (1 pill a WEEK for 6 weeks) for a yeast infection?
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012
Answers:  1 Views:  157
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
General & Family Physician 's  Response
Hi, yes once a week fluconazole is usually given for yeast infection. Its dose is 150 mg evry week. Its a common drug used to treat fungal infections with lesser side effects.
Answered: Thu, 26 Dec 2013
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor