What is the medical term for high blood pressure?

Tue, 6 Sep 2011
Cardiologist 's  Response
Hi well come to HCM.
Hypertension is medical terminology for high blood pressure. thanks
solomon's  Response
Systemic hypertension

Hi Doctor, My age is 36 & my BP levels are above 150/110. all the tests from KFT, LFT, NA levels, Eco-ECG, Colestrol level, TMT and everything else was normal. I am on medication Temla CT 40, and recently added Amlong 5 mg. Just want understand what cud be the reason. behind the high BP. and what is long term fix for the same. Regards,

Please help. My husband, who is the most gentle, loving, selfless, person that I have ever met is changing. He just turned 63 and is getting bad headaches and his behavior has changed. He now gets upset easily, can t sleep, has nightmares when he does get in an hour of sleep. Tomorrow, he will see his primary care physician because of the headaches. What can we expect, in terms of what tests, further care, etc? His only medical issues are high blood pressure, and one bout of pancreatitis a month ago. He has changed his diet and we have been walking at least 3 miles every night for about a month now. Please help.

My blood pressure is about 155/78 sometimes higher sometimes lower and I am only 24. I work out 4 days a week cardio and weight lift. I try to watch what I eat and usually eat somewhat healthy even though I drink alot of caffeine. Is this a serious health risk even though I work out as much as I do? Am I at risk of getting a heart attack later on in life if this continues? Somebody with medical experience please help!

Recent questions on  Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy

I am 27 years old 5'5'' and weigh 225 17 weeks pregnant and have had previous heart surgery to correct a genetic heart defect known as hypertrophic obstructive cardiomyopathy. I have been having heart palpitations sometimes 4-5 times a day the past few weeks so my cardiologist had me do a holter moniter. my question is can a holter cause a false quickening?

I m 37 years old. 3 years ago I had my mital and aortic valve replaced with mechanical valves. 16 years ago I recieved a ICD. I take metoporol and coumadin. I just had an echo that was normal. I have low blood pressure and a slow heart beat, 60 s. My cardiologist says that is normal for me. I ve been having hard heart beats that keep me up at night and sometime annoy me at work. I work out when I can 3-4 times a week. I mostly do cardio and a small amount of lifting. I have Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy so my workouts aren t what I wish they were. Recently when playing softball I m easily winded. More than usual. I told my cardiologist and he wasn t too concerned. He said he didn t want to go looking for a problem. Any advice?

Hello Dr, 41 year old, non-smoker, 1-5 units of alcohol a week, active, no other health issues. Family history of heart problems (Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy ), have been checked and do not have it, although have a slight thickening of arterial knuckle which gets monitored. I m getting what feels like pulses or faint flutters from my oesophagus region to the top of my sternum region, these symptoms are infrequent during the day to sometimes non-existent, but at night the symptoms only occur when laid on my back or on my left side (they disappear when I m lying on my right side?) and feel more constant with a heart beat ie pulses at a constant rate. Occasionally have slight breathlessness since this has started 1 week ago. Now I ve had a slight upset stomach (although not constipated I ve not been regular) the last week and the symptoms do seem to be more present when I have heavy feeling in my stomach and then subside once I pass wind. Is the pulses/flutter linked to this and could be a blockage and wind not escaping? Or something else?

My name is Julie, I am a 49 year old with hcm. I am scheduled for a cauterized ablation in early Sept. due to the frequencies and lengths of my arrhythmias. I am concerned because I was hoping to have the alcohol ablation and affraid they are just treating my symptoms, rather than the hcm?

I have been on 1000 tikosyn for a year or longer. My dr added cardizem 5 Wks ago. Last wk he added amlodipline besylate 10 . The last few days I have had headache, dizziness , palpitations . I called dr and he said stay on them. I am also on...

yes I have been having a few problems.I have afib and sleep apnea .I also exercise 6 days a week for 50 minutes at a high endurance level.I am exhausted all the time especially after exercise.My bp is lower after exercise than before. I am to have...

We have a family history of HCM on my father's side,however my father (56 years old) doesn't have HCM,i (29 years old) have had an echo and no sign of hcm was noted with normal wall thickness. My 27 year old brother is also negative for HCM by...