What is the main vein leading to the heart called ?

what is the main vein leading to the heart called ?
Fri, 11 Dec 2009
's  Response
It's called the vena cava.

What is the main vein leading to the heart?

My mother is 86. She has had two valve replacements in the last ten years. She was brought into the hospital for an extremely low heart rate of high 30 s (has been going on for several weeks). She was told she needed a pacemaker. The could not implant the pacemaker on either side b/c the two veins they needed to thread the lead wires from the pacemaker to the heart were blocked from her prior surgeries. Her current heart medication apparently wasn t working which is what lead to all this. What else can be done to restore her normal heart rate? Thank you.

I have had a quad cardiac bypass in July of 2007. Since the I have had 14 cardiac stents installed. My cardiologists and surgeons say my only chance is a heart transplant, but the transplant facility says my heart muscle is too good. This is true but my Dr. s are saying all my arteries and veins leading to the heart are almost completely closed. They say there isn t anything else they can do. I am only 59 years old. Is there anything else I can do. I m not ready to give up but things are not looking to good for me.