Get your Health question answered in 3 easy steps
A Doctor will be with you shortly
Ask a Doctor Now
169 Doctors are Online

What is the difference between warts and pimples ?

I am female early 20 s, normal weight, etc. I recently was diagnosed with plantar warts on the bottom of my foot and heel . I also have acne on my face. I am now concerned if I am spreading the warts from my feet to my face, and how I would be able to tell the difference between warts and pimples . Is there any way to clearly tell the difference?
Asked On : Sat, 18 Jun 2011
Answers:  1 Views:  496
Report Abuse
Share on Facebook
Share on Twitter
Share on Google+
Question is related to
Diseases and Conditions
Medical Topics
Orthopaedic Surgeon 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic
Good Day
Plantar warts cannot spread to the face because it is a strain of virus which cannot live on the face. Don't worry. Also, Warts have a corrugated, finger-like projections growth on the entire surface if you see with a magnifying lens but acne do not have this feature. You need to get your Plantar warts cauterised by liquid Nitrogen which is one of the best treatment options.
Answered: Sat, 18 Jun 2011
I find this answer helpful
Disclaimer: These answers are for your information only and not intended to replace your relationship with your treating physician.
This is a short, free answer. For a more detailed, immediate answer, try our premium service [Sample answer]


Loading Online Doctors....
© Ebix, Inc. All Rights Reserved.
All the information, content and live chat provided on the site is intended to be for informational purposes only, and not a substitute for professional or medical advice. You should always speak with your doctor before you follow anything that you read on this website. Any health question asked on this site will be visible to the people who browse this site. Hence, the user assumes the responsibility not to divulge any personally identifiable information in the question. Use of this site is subject to our Terms & Conditions
Already Rated.
Your rating:

Ask a Doctor