What is the difference between cardiac arrest and heart attack ?

What's the difference between cardiac arrest and heart attack ?
Wed, 16 Dec 2009
's  Response
CJ...Cardiac arrest is the term used when the heart stops beating. Cardiac arrest may be caused by a heart attack but is NOT a heart attack. A heart attack, also known as a myocardial infarction is when the blood supply to the heart is interrupted, causing some cells to die. In a heart attack, the heart is still beating. When the heart stops beating THEN it is cardiac arrest. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Myocardial_infarction http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cardiac_arrest ***